40. McGeorge Bundy, interview by Robert MacNeil, MacNeil-MacNeil/Lehrer News-Hour, PBS, February 7, 1990.
41. Laura Whitehorn (of the "Resistance Conspiracy Six"), n.d., interview, videorecording, part of the Emergency Committee to Defend the Human and Legal Rights of Political Prisoners Records, Wisconsin State Historical Society Archives, Madison, WI.
42. Sylvia Contreras, e-mail message to author, June 5, 2009.
Bundy, McGeorge. Interview by Robert MacNeil. VHS. MacNeil-MacNeil/Lehrer News-Hour. PBS, February 7, 1990.
43. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Sonatas and Fantasies for the Piano, Prepared from the autographs and earliest printed sources by Nathan Broer. Rev. ed. (Bryn Mawr, PA: Theodore Presser, 1960.)
44. Leonard Bernstein, dir., Symphony no. 5, by Dmitri Shostakovich, New York Philharmonic. CBS IM 35854.
45. "Crop Duster Attack," North by Northwest, directed by Alfred Hitchcock (1959; Burbank, CA: Warner Home Video, 2000), DVD.
Bernstein, Leonard, dir. Symphony no. 5, by Dmitri Shostakovich. New York Philharmonic. CBS IM 35854.
"Crop Duster Attack." North by Northwest, directed by Alfred Hitchcock. 1959; Burbank, CA: Warner Home Video, 2000, DVD.
Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus. Sonatas and Fantasies for the Piano. Prepared from the autographs and earliest printed sources by Nathan Broer. Rev. ed. Bryn Mawr, PA: Theodore Presser, 1960.
Both Genesis and the Qur'an record Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son.46
46. Gen. 22:9-14 (New Revised Standard Version), Qur'an 37:99-105.
47. Luke 10:27 (NRSV).
48. Qur'an 1:1-7.
49. James M. Efird, "Angel of the Lord," Harper's Bible Dictionary, ed. Paul J. Achtemeir (San Francisco: Harper San Francisco, 1985), 30.
Efird, James M. "Angel of the Lord." Harper's Bible Dictionary. Edited by Paul J. Achtemeir. San Francisco: Harper San Francisco, 1985, 30.
50. Homeland Security Act of 2002, H.R. 5005, 107th Cong. (2002).
51. Select Comm. on Homeland Security, Homeland Security Act of 2002, S. Rep. No. 107-609, pt. 1 (2002).
52. Ill. Const. art. II,.§ 2, www.ilga.gov/commission/lrb/conmain.htm.
Illinois Constitution, art. 2, sec. 2. http://www.legis.state.il.us/commission/lrb/conmain.htm.
Oscar Rennebohm Library
959 Edgewood College Drive - Madison, WI 53711