Historical Books, the fifth volume of The Heritage Edition of The Saint John's Bible, is available to view at the Oscar Rennebohm Library. Psalms is in St.Joseph Chapel and Wisdom Books in the Predolin lobby.
The Saint John’s Bible is the first Bible to be commissioned by a Benedictine Abbey in more than 550 years. The seven-volume Bible, with more than 1100 pages of calfskin vellum, has been handwritten and hand-illuminated over the course of eleven years. This Bible has been written in a newer translation – the New Revised Standard Version.
Thanks to a generous donor, Ken Ballweg, Edgewood College began with a program called “a year with the St. John’s Bible”. The following year, through several donor’s enthusiasm, including faculty and staff, Edgewood College was able to permanently acquire the complete Heritage Edition. Here are the volumes of this magnificent piece of art:
Library Address959 Edgewood College Drive