Most of the specialized databases will have scholarly articles that are either Literature Reviews or have a review of the literature as an introduction to the research. Keys to finding them are listed below each database.
- Enter search terms in the first box.
- In the second box, enter "literature reviews” and change the Select a Field option to "SU Descriptors (All)"
- Under Search Options > Journal or Document, select "Journal Articles."
Can also try Eric Digests, which are brief, 3-5 page, full text articles that describe the current state of an issue. They provide a bibliography, but do not evaluate the pros and cons of the studies cited.
- Enter search terms and under Search Options > Publication Type, select "ERIC Digests in Full Text."
The following databases do not have options to limit results to literature reviews:
- MLA International Bibliography (Languages & Literatures)
- RILM Abstracts of Music Literature
- ATLA (Religion)