Reserve a Study Room
The Library’s three study rooms are only available to currently enrolled Edgewood College students. Faculty, Staff, Alumni, and nonaffiliated Edgewood groups should contact the Campus Assistance Center (608-663-4861) for other room opportunities.
Options to use the student study rooms:
- Make a reservation up to 7 days in advance
- Sign in at the Service Desk for walk-in use
- Pick up the key for your study room before entering
Two Small Group Study Rooms (2-8 occupants) and one Large Group Study Room (4-12 occupants) are available for reservations for student use only. Student study rooms can be reserved by groups of 2 or more current students using an active Edgewood College email or at the Library Service Desk with a valid Edgewood ID Card.
Dry-erase markers may be requested at the Library Circulation Desk.
The group study rooms have dry-erase boards. The large group study room has a networked computer with 55" monitor.
You can reserve study rooms online during the fall and spring semesters.
- Reservations can be made up to seven days in advance.
- Students can book a maximum of 2 hours per day.
- The room must not be left unattended with belongings inside. The safety of your belongings is not guaranteed. Please keep valuable materials with you. Items left in rooms will be placed in the lost and found.
- Students must check out a key to enter the study room.
- Keys must not leave the library.
- Students are responsible for locking the rooms when they are finished.
- Students are responsible for any cost to replace lost keys.
- Reservations are non-transferable and only available to students.
- Unclaimed bookings are canceled 15 min after the start time.
- Study rooms are intended primarily for group use. Individuals can reserve a study room to practice a presentation or participate in an online discussion. The rooms may not be used as a music practice space.
- Be respectful of others – the rooms are not sound-proof, so keep noise levels low. Please leave the room as clean as or cleaner than you found it. Damage charges will be applied if necessary and reservation privileges will be revoked.
- Let the circulation desk know if you have excess trash or spills.
- When filling out your reservation, the information you put in GROUP NAME will be viewable by the public. Use language appropriate for viewing in public spaces.
- Library Management reserves the right to resolve schedule problems by adjusting reservations or schedules.
- Students who occupy a study room beyond their reserved time or repeatedly fail to show will revoke their study room privileges.
- The Library may ask any occupant to leave a study room if complaints are received.
- Failure to leave a study room when requested by library staff, regardless of reason, may result in loss of the privilege to use study rooms, a referral to the Dean of Students Office, and/or a referral to Campus Security.
- To comply with safety and ADA regulations, we can’t allow blocking or covering of windows or doors, or the use of small appliances, such as crockpots, warming plates, heaters, coffee makers and etc.
The Library reserves the right to change these policies, deny reservations for a room, or to remove any group not conforming to the guidelines listed above.