Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is RefWorks?
An online bibliography and citation manager, RefWorks is available free to all Edgewood College students, faculty and staff.
RefWorks allows you to:
- Import citations as you search article databases, and library catalogs.
- Organize and manage your references.
- Access your citations/references from any computer via the web.
- Automatically generate a formatted bibliography in many output styles.
- Annotate your cited articles (including uploading and annotating PDFs)
- Insert references into MS-Word (using the RefWorks add-on).
- Share references with others.
- Easily access the full-text version of your cited articles.
Create an Account
Use your Edgewood email to create an account in RefWorks. A verification link will be emailed to you, and you can complete the sign-up process.
- Click "Create account" from the main sign-in screen.
Exporting from a Database
Always choose the newest version of RefWorks - NOT the legacy version.
Add-on for Microsoft Word and Google Docs
RefWorks has free add-ons available for Word and Google Docs. They allow you to add citations and automatically create bibliographies within Word or Google Docs. More info at the links below.
Help pages from RefWorks: