Skip to main content

Faculty Development: Student Concerns

Guide to Faculty Development Resources.

Student Concerns

If you have concerns about a student, talk to the student in private about the situation if you are able to do so. You may also contact the Dean of Students office for guidance. Students may be referred to the Student Resource Center for counseling or Learning Support Services for academic assistance/tutoring. Familiarize yourself with campus resources so you are able to refer students appropriately. The Distress Guide (password required) can also be a resource for working with troubled individuals.